Cheap Fatcow Hosting SSL Certificate Installation Tips
An SSL certificate or Secure Socket Layer certificate is necessary for every online business as it promotes security most especially if you are handling delicate transactions online. If you are an online merchant then you are definitely processing online payments, making your e-commerce site prone to Internet fraud. In order to avoid this, it will be best to install cheap GoDaddy SSL certificate in FatCow web hosting account. With this, you are probably asking a couple of questions – can you purchase cheap FatCow hosting SSL certificate and what are the processes involved in the installation?
Understanding SSL Certificates
Definition- SSL Certificate
You may have heard about SSL certificates most especially if you own a business website. Basically, an SSL certificate is a security tool that works online by encrypting all the information being transmitted between the server and your customers’ PC. With this, you can ensure that your website is safe, making your customers confident about your website.
Hence, by purchasing cheap FatCow hosting SSL certificate all the sensitive data such as bank and credit card details are encrypted or translated into undecipherable codes to prevent other people from using these information for fraudulent activities.
Essential Things to Prepare
There are several things that you have to take care of before you can finally install cheap GoDaddy SSL certificate in FatCow web hosting account. These things include the following:
- Server- It is necessary to have a server that can ensure secure connections. Most of the available servers do but if you will choose, Windows, Linux and Apache are excellent choices.
- Dedicated IP Address- Essentially, it is required to have a unique IP address to be able to purchase a cheap FatCow hosting SSL certificate. You will not be able to install SSL certificates on a shared IP address unless you intend to install shared SSL. You can convert into a dedicated hosting plan for free or with minimal charges.
- CSR- Certificate Signing Request is an essential element because you need this to be able to purchase SSL certificates from GoDaddy. It is a long code that can be generated from FatCow or your web host company.
- Private Key- It is necessary to generate the private key if it is your first time to purchase SSL certificates. You need this to acquire the CSR from your server.
SSL Certificate Installation Instructions
The steps in installing cheap FatCow hosting SSL certificate are very easy to follow. Here are the steps that you need to take in order to successfully install your GoDaddy SSL certificate:
- Collect all the necessary documentation.
- Generate CSR through your web host.
- Accomplish the CA or Certificate Authority application online.
- Wait for the CA to process the request.
- Pick up the SSL certificate from your email.
- Send the SSL certificate in plain text to FatCow for installation.
These are the basic steps necessary to be able to install cheap GoDaddy SSL certificate in FatCow web hosting account. As long as you follow the process accurately you will be able to install your SSL certificate in no time